The Paint & Pixel Festival is a showcase for professional book, comic artists, and cartoonists from Western New England.
The Application Process
- Read the exhibitor policies below.
- Complete and submit the online application form by 11:59 PM EDT, Sunday, July 22, 2012.
- As we expect more applications than available space, we will review applications and notify exhibitors of their acceptance by August 6.
- Once your application is accepted, you will be invoiced for the cost of the table. Payment options include personal check, credit card via PayPal, or PayPal transfers, and will need to be submitted within two weeks of invoice to reserve your table. You will need to submit a short bio and 2-3 hi-res examples of your work for the festival’s online directory and printed program.
Exhibitor Table Prices
- $50 per 6’ table and two chairs/exhibitor passes (limit one table per exhibitor; one month before event, additional tables will be offered to exhibitors on waiting list for two or more tables based on availability)
- $25 per half-table and one chair/exhibitor pass
Exhibitor Set Up and Break Down
- Set up: 8-10am
- Break down: 6-8pm
Parking near the Northampton Center for the Arts is limited, so please allow ample time to drop off your exhibitor material at the show and move your car. Details on set up and break down will be sent as the show nears.
- Each exhibitor is responsible for selling work which they are licensed to sell.
- Exhibitors must complete the registration process; sharing of tables with unregistered artists is not allowed, although you may request to have another exhibitor split your table if both parties have completed the registration process and purchased a half-table.
- Exhibitors are responsible for registering, collecting, and paying the 6.25% sales tax to the State of Massachusetts. If you are not already registered, contact the Massachusetts Department of Revenue, tel. 617-887-MDOR, and visit their Sales and Use Tax web page.
- Display policy:
- Exhibiting materials will be family-friendly as Paint & Pixel is an all-ages show.
- Paint & Pixel Festival is a table-top display show.
- Upright banners and small footprint easels may be erected in your table’s seating area, but please be mindful of your neighbors—anything considered overly obtrusive at the discretion of the organizers may be requested moved or taken down.
- No affixing display materials to the walls of the Northampton Center for the Arts; note, the center’s event supervisor has taken down materials at previous events.
- No selling food or drink.
- While the festival organizers reserve the right to assign table space, we will do our best to accommodate special requests which must be made in writing no later than thirty days prior to the event.
By submitting the online application form, you accept and agree to abide by the above policies.
Please use the online Contact form to submit questions!